If your state, nation, or country allows you to possess and use mace or pepper spray as a self-defense tool, do so. Just make sure that someone suitably trains you on the use of such tool. There are horns, whistles, stun guns and other items available as well if your country permits you. Just make sure you have proper training. If your country permits the use of firearms, be sure to check with your local police department for the rules and regulations concerning same.
- Always have your keys out and ready before leaving a building or approaching your car as well as your residence. Trying to locate your keys after you reach your car or home provides criminals an excellent opportunity to sneak up on you. Have your car door lock key and ignition key out and accessible. Also be aware that criminals may hide inside your vehicle or underneath your car and attempt to attack you. Keep your windows locked and rolled up as well.
- Never give a parking attendant or mechanic or similar all of your keys. Only provide them with the ignition key and know the names of the people. You may want to keep a written log book to assist you for future reference of whom handled your keys and the dates. Color each key so that you know which lock the key is used for and can quickly locate same to avoid fumbling around.
- Also, look behind you as you are walking from time to time. If you see the same person or vehicle following you more than twice, you may want to proceed to a well populated area and seek help and reevaluate the situation quickly. Don't be afraid to call the police that is what they are there for.
- When you enter your vehicle assuming the bad guy isn't inside already hiding. Be sure to lock your door immediately. Don't attempt to start your vehicle first, until you secure your doors.
- If someone or something appears suspicious- have a notepad and pen available in your vehicle so that you can write down vehicles plates. Drive away to a well populated area and report same to the police.
- If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident and have a cell phone, immediately call 911 if possible. If you feel uncomfortable due to night time hours or darkness- tell the driver through your window without opening your door that you have called 911 and will proceed to a well populated area where the police are waiting and write their vehicle license plates and personal description down on a note pad.
- If you haven't done so already, purchase a cell phone and keep same charged regularly and have a back up charged battery. Cell phones are the best means of help.
- If you are being accosted or assaulted and have nowhere to run to consider going underneath a vehicle (not the bad guys), it is very hard for them to take you.
- Always maintain your vehicle regularly, ie: tune-up, oil change, etc. Filling up your vehicle with gas during day light hours in a familiar area is best so that you aren't forced to drive in an unfamiliar area possible at night which is dangerous.
- Do not leave your car running while you are in a store. Do not leave your keys in your ignition with or without your car running because they are susceptible to being stolen.
- Never pick up hitchhikers. It is never safe to have a stranger in the car with you. When you see a hitchhiker do not pick them up. Even if they seem to be an innocent lady or girl, they may be accompanied by a bad guy hiding in the area awaiting for your arrival. If you want to be a good citizen and need to take action. Call 911 and advise them of where the stranded hitchhikers or persons may be. Hitchhiking is considered a crime.
- Create and establish a street, community, or neighborhood watch program. Your own administration highway department office can install the signs. You should communicate with your neighbors, if they aren't the criminal of course and discuss suspicious cars, people, or ideally what action to take should something unusual occur.
Some Additional Security Tips
- If you are followed drive to a well lit and populated area & take good notes of vehicle following you ie; license plate, color, make & model, etc and contact the police.
- When blow drying your hair or taking a shower lock your door, set your resident alarm, place your dog in home to alert you should someone attempt to gain entry.
- Purchase a shredder so that when you dispose of your trash you can shred and destroy any credit card statements, personal documentation that may be visible while garbage is awaiting pick up and removal by the sanitation company. Many times the bad guys and derelicts may look through your garbage container and steal your checks or bank statements etc and use them to purchase merchandise with or clean out your accounts.
- When a store representative asks you for your address, telephone number or other personal information advise them you do not wish to give any if absolutely mandatory write it down and put confidential on the top of it reason being there are people or the cr
iminal is in line or around also and may hear what you are saying as well.
- If permitted by law within your states you may be allowed or want to carry mace, stun gun etc, if permitted this is any excellent defense tool should a criminal lowlife attempt to attack you.
- Always let someone know where you are and where you may be going, you should report all unusual stalking or following of you by any suspicious persons to the police immediately.
- Get an unpublished telephone number if possible and avoid from giving your number to the wrong person, give only responsible people your number and keep track of whom you have given it to. Tell these responsible people that you have given your telephone number, not to give it out at all and if someone asks them for it, to tell you who they were so that you can research why if necessary.
- Practice self defense, conditioning, run, exercise regularly, meditate, study, learn and build mental, spiritual, and physical strength by applying yourself building your attention span and other important qualities.
- Be aware of any unusual people, cars, occurrences which can worsen. Take good notes and advise family, friends, police.
- When parked in traffic keeps doors locked as usual and leave yourself enough distance from the vehicle in front of you should a criminal attempt to walk alongside your vehicle and gain entry or attack you.
- Look in your rear view mirror as well to also avoid from being rear ended by someone not paying attention or possibly a drunk driver.
- When traveling to and from places use different routes of travel within reason so that the lowlife criminal cannot know or track your travel routes. Be sure to always tell someone, ie:, family, close friend, significant other what ways you may go should you not arrive home.
Have a Personal Safety Plan
What we have provided you with are some methods and ideas to hopefully assist you in planning, evaluating, implementing, improving, and further insuring that you and your family are safe and secure throughout your travels. If you follow these basic steps and advise your family and friends, you stand a much better chance of not becoming a victim of a crime. Be sure to pass along this information. And if you have any suggestions, comments, or ideas, please e-mail us. We would be glad to assist you!
Finally, amongst other important things, be aware of your surroundings, know who your real friends are, be cautious but yet use good common sense. Don't ever be afraid to make a police report or tell a significant other, ie; family, police, close friend that
you are being stalked, followed, or something uncomfortable is happening. Don't wait until its too late, "Protect Your Family Protect Yourself".
Finally, amongst other important things, be aware of your surroundings, know who you real friends are. Be very cautious but yet use good common sense. Don't ever be afraid to make a police report or tell a significant other, ie; family, police, close friend that you are being stalked, followed, or something uncomfortable is happening. If you are approached by any people similar to the above derelicts or thieves, please take whatever information business cards etc they want to offer you and advise them that you will get back to them. Play along with these losers for a short time if they confront you or catch you off guard. Try and remember and annotate some important information such as; license plates numbers, there physical description color of hair, eyes, clothes, vehicles etc and "Immediately" report these scam artists to the police. Obviously, if at all possible, DO NOT let these losers into to your home or vehicle. Try and remain anonymous if possible especially if your home address is known by them. Don't wait until its too late, contact the Police "Immediately"!Protect Your Family Protect Yourself".
Be Safe, Mr Joseph Saladino, President &
Jiu Joe Jitsu Self Defense
If you need further information on criminal activities and scam artists please contact the FTC's Public Reference Office, Room #130, 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20580 or call (202)326-2222 or TTY for the hearing impaired (202)326-2502. You can also contact your local Police or the Attorney General for the State or Nation you reside in.
Copyright © 1997 Jiu Joe Jitsu All Rights Reserved email@example.com